Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gone Fishing

I started my new job this week and I am in the midst of deep training. I am loving every minute of it too.

This company is amazing, my friends. Every day I learn something new about it and am a little more grateful that they chose me.

I have worked for companies that treat you like a number. Produce the results, screw the people. It chipped away at morale, my happiness and my confidence. This company really cares. They have perks unlike any I have ever heard of or seen.

To show my gratitude, I'm going to actually, you know, work. Therefore, posting may be limited for awhile. I need to get settled in, learn my job, come home and be with my family. Sometimes this ol blawg here can really suck up my time. And my life.

Whether you work full-time, or stay home with your kids, answer me this: When the heck do you find the time to write your posts? And when do you find the time to read your favorite bloggers? My reader is so bogged down with unread posts it's about to explode.

I was tempted to mark them all as read, but I'm afraid of missing something. Like maybe June had another bout of noisy gas in front of her new boss. I need to know stuff like that. Plus, I don't want to miss any of Dr. M's rants or Ashlee's basement updates or Saintseesters Crap on Her Desk Wednesdays. And I've gotta stay on top of Nester's move. She may give something away.

And don't forget about my love of TV. I'm just sayin'.

So, help a sister out. How do you do it all?

What's that? You want to comment? Just click on the itty-bitty words below that say "Gimme Some Sugar". Can you see them? Good. We can't wait to chat with you.

11 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

I stay up way to late!! I should be in bed I need to get up at 4:30 in the morning!!!

By the way how did the old boss take your leaving? Did you tell him like it was, or was it a quiet exit??

Anonymous said...

I haven't been as I mentioned in my totally brilliant last post. Which was last Thursday. *sigh* I keep trying to make priorities and sleep comes before blog. Pretend I sound really snarky when you read this because it is almost midnight.

Momma Mary said...

My strategies for gettin' in some blog lovin'

1. I write at night and schedule (yeah for scheduling!)unless something comes up that I HAVE to post RIGHT NOW.
2. Naptime is a blessing. (although they haven't been happening lately)
3. I stay home, so when he's busy playing by himself and is content, I sneak in a few minutes of reading, etc.
4. Skimming and speed reading
5. Mark as Read=my friend
6. Prioritize my reader: People who comment and people I know get first priority. People who I LOVE to read get second.. everyone else gets a skim, and if it's interesting I'll read it. I use my stars for posts I WANT to read but can't read now.. And when the blogs are slow to come in, like some days, I read the starred ones.

(And I sometimes end up neglecting my poor husband. Who loves me despite it all.)

saintseester said...

Some weeks, I just cannot read and comment. And I feel bad. But we all realize everyone has lives! Don't worry about it. Post when you can. We'll still be around. Enjoy your new job.

Courtney said...

I do it at work and if I don't have time to do it there, it doesn't get done. Good luck with your dilemma.

Sister Sassy said...

Now you know why I cry at night sometimes, lol! You understand the pressure of a job where you have to work all day and have a family.

I usually try to blog on the weekends when Jimmy works and on his late nights. But then it leaves me feeling sort of like I didn't do anything I really wanted to do. Plus I really should be cleaning during that time.

Oh the pressure of trying to be deep or witty.

Jen said...

I read 10 at a time when I have time. And I put in lllllooooonnnnnnggggggg days, and don't watch much TV. I do read a lot, though.

Jen said...

Oh! And I'm SO glad you're loving that new job! ;-)

Ashlee said...

Yay for your new job! I was wondering what happened to you. You are usually the first to leave me a comment. And in record time! :0) Your job and family are WAY more important. I know you care....I mean, you totally left me blog love. :0)

Anonymous said...

I don't. I can't. Too much pressure.

Try categorizing your feed reader by the blogs you don't want to miss.

Blow through the rest of them.

Make sure I'm in the BFF category, though, 'kay??

Anonymous said...

I've been a bad blogger for the last couple of weeks, my life has gotten so busy, I don't have much time to read or write on the Chicks blog. I am going to try and come up with some ideas and find a *snort* quiet moment.

Congrats on the new job!!!!!