Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I hope this post finds you well on this Easter morning (or just Sunday Morning for those that don't celebrate). The boys didn't sleep in and JimmyEW had to get to work at 5am this morning. Yep, its his weekend to work.

Unfortunately we won't be able to go to church today, my church had sunrise service at 6am (which isn't actually sunrise since it's 7:27 and its still dark. But there was no way I could pull my buggers out of bed and get them to church that early and on my own.

After I attempt to get the boys to eat something healthy this morning I'm going to go to the store because I forgot to get stuff for Easter dinner. And when I say stuff, I mean everything. I have nothing. So we're gonna head out in an hour and hope to miss the last minute crowds. Then we might head out to the JimmyEW big box to say hi.

Now down to the nitty gritty. For today's Easter post I'm going to share some pictures I took for last year's Station of the Cross art exhibit. You can see two of the main images and the finished product. My station was actually the part where Jesus takes up the cross. Anyway, JimmyEW has a classic Jesus type body, as depicted in art, so he was kind enough to pose for me. Even though he was fighting a massive sinus infection. I love these shots (the first two), I love the color and the lines and everything about them, but I don't have names for them.

So if you can think of a fitting title for the first two pictures please leave the suggestion in my comments. I'll post later what the title is and link to the person who suggested it.



Here is the finished product. I put other pictures that weren't my most favorite on a poster board behind the cross. The cross is a decent size, the picture in the center 16x20 if that gives you any idea.
So have a good day!
What's that? You want to comment? Just click on the itty-bitty words below that say "Gimme Some Sugar". Can you see them? Good. We can't wait to chat with you.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Amazing pictures! Happy Easter to you too! :0)
Good luck with your Easter Dinner. Mine is going to be lovingly prepared for me by my dear old Grammy. I'm a lucky girl!

Alison said...

What beautiful pictures! I wish I could think of a title for you, but I'm terrible at that. Happy Easter--we're going to church but there is NO way we'd make it to a sunrise service.

saintseester said...

I agree, those are awesome pictures.

I am the laziest person in Catholic Land. I just cannot make it to those early services! We are going to the evening mass tonight.

Jen said...

You are so darned creative with everything! Amazing!

I hope you have a lovely Easter - I'm sorry JimmyEW had to work. What a bummer!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

wow. That's really beautiful.