Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Invisible

I saw this movie recently and I think it is wonderful. The story itself is compelling and the characters are complicated. You find yourself feeling compassion for everyone involved. The timid loser friend, the distant unfeeling mother and even the villain. And you find yourself wanting things to happen that you know logically don't make sense. But you want them all the same. It keeps you wondering how the movie really will end, how they can possibly end it and make the ending you want.

The best part is, I think this trailer doesn't ruin the movie. Today I think trailers give away EVERYTHING. Though, if you watch the movie you'll notice the part with the old man has been cut. But this trailer gives you enough to get a feel for what the movie is about and still be surprised when things happen.

Can I add that its way too early and I've already been awake for a few hours now. ugh...



What's that? You want to comment? Just click on the itty-bitty words below that say "Gimme Some Sugar". Can you see them? Good. We can't wait to chat with you.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I saw this movie a while back and just loved it. I know what you mean about the depth in the characters. Did you like the ending?

Sister Sassy said...

Ash, I think that was the only way it could have ended. So yes, I liked it although I would have liked to find a way for what I wanted to happen-to happen. kwim :)

Jen said...

I'll have to look this up. I just saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 with my Swedish daughter this afternoon and really loved it. It was a sobfest, but in a good way.