Thats me after I fell of the horse, or wagon, or broke down Aveo fondly known as "the orange car". Fell off hard onto a ground cushioned with cookies, donuts and mashed potatoes.
These last few weeks have been pretty bad eating and exercising wise. I like to blame things on other things. Sprinkle it around so I can have some excuse other than the fact that I suck.
so here are the many excuses I've been rehearsing for my next weigh in:
1. Election party. I was so excited that I just ate cookies and chips all night long! Its one time in 4 years, how do you expect me not to eat cookies and chips?
2. Weekend away with my BFF! I had to eat out, I tried to choose smartly, but every outing with her since we were 14 has included large quantities of candy. And I mean large. And together we find ourselves hiding the goodies so we don't keep eating ourselves sick. The only thing is that she's skinny and pregnant and can get away with it. I can't. GRRRRR!
3. The last day of my weekend away began with Orange Car falling apart. Seriously, I don't know what any of this means but this is what happened. Tensioner broke off, spun the broken serpentine belt into the timing which went all wacky and blew the valves in the engine. Apparently there was no cover on the timing. The mechanic guy said he's never seen anything like that before. So I was stranded at Firestone all day Monday eating Dove chocolate, reading Uglies and feeling pretty sorry for myself. Good news is that even though we are 1000 miles over warranty, the guy was able to get it covered. Phew.
4. No groceries in the house because I spent all my money trying to fix a car that is still sitting in Ft. Wayne. That leaves a lot of full fat, not good for you things like hot dogs and noodles.
5. I'm too damn lazy to get my ass out of bed to run, when my tired running ass is running beside my warm cozy bed with my husband in it-its just too much. Bed, treadmill, bed, treadmill....bed....This morning I did choose treadmill though. Go me. (eye roll)
But really, its because I didn't plan and I can't make excuses. I just need to do it, and stop being stupid and exercise some self control. We did get some groceries last night and that makes me happy, I had salad for lunch...and some really yummy chocolate cookie bar I didn't mean to eat. And hopefully I won't fall further off the wagon when I feed the homeless their nighttime snack of Root Beer floats tonight. ...Must not partake...
Oh well, at least I ran this morning.