Sunday, November 16, 2008

Head Games with Sassy

If you read this post, then you know that I worry about keeping the kidlets busy during the long Northern Michigan winter. Not a ton to do in our little town in the winter, aside from winter sports, and because I live in a shoe box I've been worried about our social structure degrading into crazed cabin fevered cannibals.

So I've been trying to come up with projects and I decided to do one that is dear to my heart. Heads. Remember how I love to do head? Why not do heads with the boys? ! Light bulb!

I gathered what pathetic magazines I had, which turned out to be a stack of Inc magazines and a hodgepodge of Parents/Parenting/Baby Talk and other mama freebies. Not the greatest for finding good bodies.

My best friend and I have done heads since high school, and from years of doing heads I've discovered you find the best bodies in entertainment/Fashion magazines and such. If you want some great heads to use I like Newsweek and Time for that, lots of politicians and world leaders. I still remember one of ours from the early 90's that had George Bush Sr. presenting a shy sweet Bill Clinton with a flower. One of my favorites.

Today
Boogs and Kiki were inducted into the illustrious Sassy past time of Heads and they rose to the occasion. They had fun, I had fun and we created something fun. I used their heads and and the heads of my best friend's two boys. We used what ever bodies I could find in my sad magazine stack. Where were Honey Bunches old People Magazines when I needed them?

Next time we do Heads we'll have Logan over and use his head to create some fun scenes. See below for their big fun.



So far today, Sassy Family: 1 Cannibals: 0


What's that? You want to comment? Just click on the itty-bitty words below that say "Gimme Some Sugar". Can you see them? Good. We can't wait to chat with you.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

So fun! I'll be your boys had a blast. :0)

Sister Sassy said...

They did have fun :) I just remembered I put your head on a snowman somewhere on this blog. lol!

Victoria said...

That is soo adorable. I can't wait until TLP is old enough to do crafts.